Note: These election results are updated as of Tuesday, November 21. These are the official results. The turnout is 40.34% in American Fork, which is excellent for an off-year election.
If you want to want to see the sources yourself, here are links to reports for the congressional race and the American Fork municipal races.
US House of Representatives, District 3
Not including three third-party (fourth-party?) and unaffiliated candidates who, combined, got 7.1% of the vote:
- John Curtis (Republican)
- Final (Nov 21): 85,739 votes or 58.0%
- Nov 7: 62,498 votes or 57.6%
- Kathie Allen (Democrat)
- Final (Nov 21): 37,778 votes or 25.6%
- Nov 7: 29,449 votes or 27.1%
- Jim Bennett (United Utah)
- Final (Nov 21): 13,745 votes or 9.3%
- Nov 7: 9,641 votes or 8.9%
John Curtis is the winner.
American Fork Mayor
For a four-year term . . .
- Brad Frost —
- Final (November 21): 3,935 votes or 77.0%
- Nov 7: 2,885 votes or 77.7%
- Corrected — I previously misreported the vote count, but not the percentage.
- Carlton Bowen —
- Final (Nov 21): 1,177 votes or 23.0%
- Nov 7: 828 votes or 22.3%
Brad Frost wins. When his seat is vacated at the first of the year, the city council will choose someone to fill the rest of his term.
American Fork City Council
Two seats, two winners.
- Barbara Christiansen
- Final (Nov 21): 3,228 votes or 34.6%
- Nov 7: 2,368 votes or 35.0%
- Staci Carroll
- Final (Nov 21): 2,661 votes or 28.5%
- Nov 7: 1,898 votes or 28.0%
- Kyle Barratt
- Final (Nov 21): 1,905 votes or 20.4%
- Nov 7: 1,409 votes or 20.8%
- Jeffrey Shorter (incumbent)
- Final (Nov 21): 1,532 votes or 16.4%
- Nov 7: 1,094 votes or 16.2%
Barbara Christiansen and Staci Carroll win four-year terms on the city council.
Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to all the candidates. This doesn’t work if good people don’t run.
Finally, thanks to all 2,819 of you who visited afelection.info during this election cycle.
David, thank you for another stellar round of posts. I really appreciate and enjoy your reporting and insights. Looking forward…
I like Mike! A good man, doing good things and if it ain’t boke, don’t change the Sheriff. He has…
You're welcome! Glad it helped.
Thank you for posting the audio in easy, well-organized formats for me to catch up on and educate myself about…
You're welcome! Thanks for your kind words and for adding your own view.